Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So, Marie and I went to Fairfield, California to attend her brother's wedding. All went well. My father-in-law enjoys restoring Volkswagen Karmann Ghias. These four now belong to his four children. The red one on the right is mine/Marie's. We were planning on towing it back with us because although it runs, it would be a very long trip. We ran into problems installing a hitch on my car because the kit U-Haul sold me came with the wrong bolts. I got my money back. We'll try again when we visit for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow, Marie and I will fly to Seattle for an extended family reunion on her father's side. We'll spend one day in the city itself, then a few days in a wilderness area to the north. We'll fly back on Sunday. Life is great. In other news, Marie passed her test to be a licensed practical nurse, or LPN. It's a step below an RN, which she'll be after she graduates in April. She's now looking for a job at a nursing home or hospital. Wish her luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment